Slow Flexible Membrane Coating UNC-R LITE
- Slow Curing Nano Rubber Coating.
- Extremely glossy with high chemical resistance.
UNC-R LITE (formally known as UNC-R 1.5) is a slower version of our incredible flexible membrane coating UNC-R. It is a permanent nano rubber coating designed specifically for hotter climates. Can be appied in temperatures of up to +40c This flexible nature enables the finish to be ultra-resistant to wash swirl mark build-up* and does not suffer from hard water spotting like some ceramic coatings do. Much easier to apply than UNC-R or PRO ELITE.
The perfect choice for satin/matte vinyl or paint protection film applications. Slower flash-off times enable the coating to be spread evenly and removed easily without streaks or patches. For Satin/Matte finish a single layer is recommended, for gloss finish 2 layers are recommended.
Incredibly glossy, super smooth and easy to clean surface is what UNC-R LITE is about. Same as our Nano Glass Coatings, UNC-R LITE is a permanent coating and can only be removed with sand paper once fully cured. Has extremely high chemical resistance (Salt, Acid, Brake Dust, Exhaust Gasses, Tree-Sap, etc.) and high UV filtering properties.
Recommended to apply at temperatures below +30c, with perfect application temperatures from +10c to +25c. If you live in a hot country, please check if your temperatures are not too hot to applky this product, if temperature is above +40c, you UNC-R 1.5 can be applied in sections.
This is a Professional product and is not recommended for beginners. However, a seasoned DIY Enthusiast could handle it after learning the application instructions.
Available only from Max Protect and authorized distributors.
* Good care guidelines have to be followed to achieve no wash swirl build-up.
For best results, paintwork should be machine polished before UNC-R Application. A fine polish is all that is necessary to prepare the surface for coating application. In case of a brand new car, or a car with paintwork in excellent condition, we recommend to polish by hand, or perform a very mild, final stage machine polish. Degreasing with Panel Wipe is recommended for best results, if not available, IPA or similar cleaners will do the job too.
UNC-R can be applied in a single layer only, so you won't be able to apply UNC-R + UNC-R, for example, however, you can apply it over a previous layer, or few layers, of UNC v1, this way achieving a multi layer coating.
We recommend using polishing compounds with minimum or no oils in content. Polishing compounds with waxes and high oil content should be avoided.
Important: It is very important to have good lighting in the place of application! In dim light you might not spot smears left behind and removing them later will be a lot more difficult.
Good ventilation is a must to have and appropriate safety wear (Gloves, Glasses, Mask, etc.) should be worn.
Please make sure you have the following before UNC-R application:
- Panel Wiper – not supplied
- Ultimate Nano Coat-R
- Silk Coat – not supplied (Optional)
- Applicator Sponge – not supplied
- Microfiber Towels – not supplied
Attention: UNC-R flashes off very quickly (quicker than UNC v2), so work on smaller areas.
- Open the UNC-R bottle and put the applicator sponge on top and shake it once. Move the sponge a bit and shake it again. Do it for 3-4 times till the sponge is slightly wet, but not soaked).
- Put the sponge on the surface and apply the coating with short and quick movements. Don’t do circular movements. Keep applying till the whole panel is covered.
- Once half a panel is covered (roof, bonnet), remove the coating immediately with a fresh microfiber cloth/ towel.
- For smaller panels like wings and other small bits we recommend not waiting more than 30 seconds before removal.
- Apply UNC-R on one panel at a time. Take extra care to look for marks/ smears left behind as removing them later will be more difficult.
- Use 2 microfiber towels/cloths for excess removal.
Silk Coat is recommended however not necessary if the car is not leaving immediately after application in bad weather conditions.
- Always use new microfiber towels/cloths
- The applicator sponge can not be re-used - always use new one.
- Remember not to mix microfiber towels between different coatings (V1&R, etc.)
- Use Silk Coat for maintenance – super easy to apply!
- Above temperatures of +20c speed is necessity not a recommendation.
Write Your Own Review