Flexible Membrane Coating R
- The Daddy of Nano Coatings - UNC-R
- World's First Nano Rubber Membrane Coating
- Extremely glossy with high chemical resistance
- Permanent and easy to maintain
- Suitable for gloss and matte finishes
UNC-R is the world’s first Nano Coating that turns into a Rubber Membrane when cured in room temperature. This flexible nature enables the finish to be ultra-resistant to wash swirl mark build-up* and does not suffer from water staining like some ceramic coatings do.
It is also perfectly suited for application on Paint Protection Film and Vinyl finishes. We recomend using UNC-R for gloss (shiny) finish films and paint and UNC-R 1.5 or satin/ matte finishes.
Incredibly glossy, super smooth and easy to clean surface is what UNC-R is all about! Same as our Ceramic Coating Range, UNC-R is a permanent coating and can only be removed with with heavy abrasives once fully cured. UNC-R has extremely high chemical resistance (Salt, Acid, Brake Dust, Exhaust Gasses, Tree-Sap, etc.), high UV filtering properties and small scratch, micro chip and buffer line filling capabilities.
Recommended to apply at temperatures below +20c (68f), with perfect application temperatures ranging from +5c (41f) to +15c (59f). If application temperature can not be reduced below +20c (68f), a two-man application is recommended, or you can try an alternative coating - UNC-R 1.5 for instance,
This is a Professional product and is not recommended for beginners. However, a seasoned DIY Enthusiast could handle it after learning the application instructions.
Use on your own risk!
Available only from Max Protect and official distributors.
* Good car care guidelines have to be followed to reduce swirl mark build-up. Daily driver living outside should be washed at least once per month, ideally every 2 weeks to ensure coating performance.
McLaren MP4 12c Coated in UNC-R
Porsche 997 Turbo S Treated with UNC-R - Hydrophobic Effect 1.5 Years After Application
Ferrari 458 Speciale Full Invisible Paint Protection Wrap Coated in 2 Layers or UNC-R
For best results, paintwork should be machine polished before UNC-R Application. A fine polish is all that is necessary to prepare the surface for coating application. In case of a brand new car, or a car with paintwork in excellent condition, we recommend to polish by hand, or perform a very mild, final stage machine polish. Degreasing with Panel Wipe is recommended for best results, if not available, IPA or similar cleaners will do the job too.
UNC-R can be applied in a single layer only, so you won't be able to apply UNC-R + UNC-R, for example, however, you can apply it over a previous layer, or few layers, of UNC v1, this way achieving a multi layer coating.
We recommend using polishing compounds with minimum or no oils in content. Polishing compounds with waxes and high oil content should be avoided.
Important: It is very important to have good lighting in the place of application! In dim light you might not spot smears left behind and removing them later will be a lot more difficult.
Good ventilation is a must to have and appropriate safety wear (Gloves, Glasses, Mask, etc.) should be worn.
Please make sure you have the following before UNC-R application:
- Panel Wiper – not supplied
- Ultimate Nano Coat-R
- Silk Coat – not supplied (Optional)
- Applicator Sponge – not supplied
- Microfiber Towels – not supplied
Attention: UNC-R flashes off very quickly (quicker than UNC v2), so work on smaller areas.
- Open the UNC-R bottle and put the applicator sponge on top and shake it once. Move the sponge a bit and shake it again. Do it for 3-4 times till the sponge is slightly wet, but not soaked).
- Put the sponge on the surface and apply the coating with short and quick movements. Don’t do circular movements. Keep applying till the whole panel is covered.
- Once half a panel is covered (roof, bonnet), remove the coating immediately with a fresh microfiber cloth/ towel.
- For smaller panels like wings and other small bits we recommend not waiting more than 30 seconds before removal.
- Apply UNC-R on one panel at a time. Take extra care to look for marks/ smears left behind as removing them later will be more difficult.
- Use 2 microfiber towels/cloths for excess removal.
Silk Coat is recommended however not necessary if the car is not leaving immediately after application in bad weather conditions.
- Always use new microfiber towels/cloths
- The applicator sponge can not be re-used - always use new one.
- Remember not to mix microfiber towels between different coatings (V1&R, etc.)
- Use Silk Coat for maintenance – super easy to apply!
- Above temperatures of +20c speed is necessity not a recommendation.
Write Your Own Review